A friend of mine makes the cutest little chocolates for the tops of her cupcakes out of a silicone mold and melted chocolate. So when I came across a leaf mold I knew I had to pick it up and try making my own little molded candies.
Autumn Leaves Candy
- candy melts in any flavour
- silicone mold
|Pumpkin Spice and English Toffee Candy Melts|
1. Place mold on a baking sheet that will fit inside your refrigerator.
2. Pour approximately half of the bag of candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and follow the directions on the package to melt. I melted them in 20 second intervals on the defrost setting, stirring in between each interval.
3. Once melted, spoon into the mold. This proved to be messier than expected.
4. Using a toothpick make sure the melted candy is in all the crevices of the mold and to somewhat flatten out the candy melts.
5. Put tray in the refrigerator to let the candy harden. I left it overnight.
6. Pop out chocolates and enjoy!
|I ended up with a few air bubbles but overall they turned out great.|
I loved how these turned out, though I didn't expect them to be so messy. I'll definitely make more in other colours and flavours for upcoming baking projects.
Have you used silicone molds before?