During the Christmas season I found white chocolate peppermint chips at The Bulk Barn. I had some leftover so I did some searching online for a peppermint chip cookie recipe. Something different than the usual chocolate cookie with peppermint chips combo.
I came across this recipe on Pinterest. I adjusted a few things, but oh man, these cookies are incredible!
Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies:2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate peppermint chips
1. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and sea salt together in a bowl.
2. Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla extract to butter mixture while still mixing on low.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together.
5. Cover the bowl of cookie dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30-35 minutes. I found the dough a bit crumbly after I took it out of the refrigerator.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease baking sheets.
7. Using your hands, roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet, flattening slightly.
8. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
I cannot recommend this recipe enough! They were so good (yes, they're gone now). The dough had a slight salty, shortbread taste. And it was the perfect combination with the sweet peppermint chips. I definitely want to try this recipe again, but try a different chip.