That all went out the window. I ended up meeting an amazing man who completely made me re-think things, but in a good way. I got used to not knowing exactly where we'd be in a year's time. It's been an adventure. But we're finally settling down. Though, it's still not how I imagined my life years ago. I can't control everything and I'm ok with that. I have a pretty awesome partner to face everything with and to continue on this adventure.
Last year, I made a '30 Before 30' list. Things to encourage me, motivate me, and inspire me. I figured it was about time I checked in on the list since I'll be turning the big 3-0 in about 2 months time.
30 Before 30
1. Rebrand Sparklegirl.
- I thought long and hard about this. Brainstormed a lot. So far I haven't made any final decisions. So many people know me as Sparklegirl now. I'm not sure if I want to change it.
Go on a vacation with Adam.
- Done! New York City!
3. Start and finish our wedding scrapbook/photo albums.
- Haven't even started. Shame on me! Though, we have printed other photos and put them in albums.
4. Be more adventurous with my cooking.
- Yes and no. We've started eating healthier. I've been using tons of vegetables lately.
5. Host a dinner party.
- Somewhat. We've had a lot of company visit since we moved. So we've made quite a few dinners for guests.
6. Find a 'day' job I enjoy.
- Meh. I try my best to focus on Sparklegirl and IGGPPC and not stress about the other job.
7. Find a new church home.
- Not quite. We've visited 2 different churches on numerous occasions. I can't say either feel like 'home' yet.
8. Feel comfortable and happy with my body.
- I've been working hard on this. Upping my exercise, eating healthier food. But, also trying to feel cute with how I look at this moment.
9. Start a family with Adam or start preparing for one.
- Well I'm working to get myself healthy, which includes figuring out my thyroid issues. And we're thinking of buying a house. So I think that's baby prep haha.
10. Sew more skirts for myself.
- Nothing yet. I plan on making one or two for Fan Expo Canada this summer.
11. Go to a comic convention as a spectator, not a vendor.
- I feel like this will never happen because I love being a vendor. Though, I've been thinking about GeekGirlCon a lot lately.
12. Master french macaroons.
- I failed miserably a couple months back and haven't tried again since.
13. Go on lots of hikes throughout Sudbury.
- Yes! We've gone a lot of walks through numerous conservation areas and there's lots more to visit!
14. Become a better photographer.
- Though, I haven't bought a better camera, Adam has shown me some tricks with the manual setting on my current camera.
15. Invest in a better camera.
- See above.
16. Travel further North to see more of Canada.
- We haven't travelled further than Sudbury yet. That will change this summer.
17. Learn to get up when my alarm goes off, not an hour later.
- Some days I can do this. Other days, not so much.
Plan a big party.
- Well I am helping plan my Mom's 50th birthday party.
19. Get new eyeglasses.
- That would require an eye exam, which hasn't happened.
20. Try a new food.
- I cannot think of anything new I tried this year.
21. Go fishing.
- Even with living up North, I still haven't gone fishing!
22. Have an all-day movie marathon.
23. Grow tomatoes on my balcony.
- That's my plan for the summer!
Hang photos in our apartment and finish decorating it.
- I can honestly say this is done. Pictures are hung up in every room and new lampshades were purchased!
Go to a fancy event with Adam where we're both dressed up and dance.
- Do weddings count? We've been to three since moving here.
26. Play and beat more Nintendo DS games.
- This has been happening more often. I've been making time for DS playing.
27. Visit and swim at every beach in our area.
- I swam at two different beaches last summer. There are so many more. But we fell in love with Moonlight Beach.
28. Go to a farm to buy a pumpkin and carve it for Halloween.
- We bought our pumpkin at Costco. Fail.
Dance as often as I can.
- Well, I can happily say this has happened! I danced my ass off at every wedding I attended and dance parties occur often in my kitchen.
30. Spend my last day of being 29 doing all the things I love!
- I still have two more months!
Not too many things can be crossed off right now. Though, some of them are on-going things. I don't know if I'll ever be completely happy with my body, or content with my photography knowledge and skills. These are things I want to work on for life. But I like being able to look at this list and think about each thing. Reflect on what I'm doing and working on. And now that I can see there's a lot that could be crossed off (try a new food!), I have some inspiration for the next couple of months!
What are some things you're working on or trying?