Happy New Year's Eve! I have to admit that I don't have any big plans for the evening. Adam works late so I'm spending the night on the couch watching Supernatural and maybe a chick flick until he gets home. It works out since not only have I been working non-stop for the last couple of weeks, but I've also caught a cold. My chest is on fire and my throat feels like it's been cut up so it's best for me not to speak much.
I spent some time over the weekend looking back at the last year and coming up with a list of goals for 2013 - both personal and professional things I'd like to work on and work towards.
It was a crazy year both personally and professionally. Adam graduated college and we made the big move back to Hamilton while he looks for a paramedic job. We were in Welland for only 2 years but it felt really strange coming back to Hamilton. I love being near my family and friends here but I do miss Welland, especially the canal and the walks we went on.
I had my most successful comic convention year yet which is why I started to keep better and precise track of the financial side of Sparklegirl. This is helping me to make better decisions on what shows I
should and shouldn't do for the future. Etsy was also a big success this past year. The main reason why, I think, is from the advertising I've been getting from some amazing supporters through Facebook, twitter and other blogs.
* Fitness and Health - Since moving in September, I haven't kept up with my workouts. They've become sporadic and I'm not going for as many walks. I have noticed a big change in my energy level so between a workout schedule and getting my thyroid checked regularly, hopefully I can start feeling more energized this year.
* Sleep - I have never been one to get get a lot of sleep. I stay up way too late and then feel like a zombie in the morning when my alarm goes off. Over the last couple of weeks I have made a point of going to bed earlier than normal and I need to continue this. I can't function properly off of 5-6 hours sleep anymore.
* Decorate apartment - We are officially unpacked since moving. But there's still pictures to be hung and we need curtains in the spare room. I want to work on making this apartment our home and not just a layover place until Adam finds a paramedic position.
* Blog - I'm incredibly happy with my blog and I want to continue working on it throughout 2013. I want to change the layout slightly, add more blog links, and finally create a blog button for it. But I want to continue with the direction it has taken over the past 6 months or so. It's one of my favourite creative outlets.
* Crafts - Make more skirts! haha. Seriously though, I'm going to fill my Spring and Summer wardrobe with cotton skirts and I'm going to make sure I have some awesome ones for the conventions this upcoming year.
* Etsy - Update my shop monthly (it's so hard to do sometimes).
* Podcasts - I have been invited on a few podcasts and I kept putting it off because of my lack of microphone (and maybe my nerves). But I really need to get a mic that works and just get over my stage fright. I look forward to having conversations with these awesome people.
* Store Consignment - It's been a goal for the last couple of years, but I need this to be the year that I contact some stores about carrying my items.
* Conventions/Shows - I will be cutting out a few shows in 2013 that just weren't profitable enough for me in 2012. I am also applying to a couple of new shows that I've never done before and we'll see how that goes. And it looks like at Toronto ComiCon I'll be sharing a table with the guys from An Elegant Weapon. I have a feeling it'll be a really fun weekend with them.
This is just a snippet of some of the things I have in mind for 2013. I don't want to make this a huge post so I'm trying to keep it to the basic goals, plus I have a few things in mind I'd like to keep to myself until things get under way.
Thank you for your support this past year! I'm excited for 2013 to start!