A little while back, Katie from Hook, Line & Sink Her, nominated me for my first ever blog award:
Liebster Award - The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
I feel so honoured and excited that Katie thought of my blog.
Now the rules for receiving this award are:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
11 Things About Me:
1. I live with my husband and 2 cats. We had 4 fire-bellied toads that unfortunately passed away over the last year or so. Once we move we plan on getting a newt or two.
2. I have 6 tattoos so far, two of them are inspired by Kurt Halsey.
3. I'm a spaz and tend to trip and bump into things daily which is why I have random bruises all the time.
4. My Nan taught me how to use a sewing machine over 7 years ago which is what started my sewing addiction.
5. I have 2 younger brothers who are both 6' tall, but yet I'm only 5' 6".
6. I eat the skin on kiwis and I've had a lot of people tell me that's gross. Meh.
7. I would happily wear a skirt or dress every single day of my life if I could.
8. If I know a song, I will sing along to it whether I like the song or not.
9. N64 is by far my most favourite video game system. I grew up with it and I had so many gaming marathons with my brothers and friends on it.
10. I'm a natural blonde. I've been dying my hair red for just over 3 years now.
11. When I was young, I used to pretend I was Rogue from the X-Men whenever I went rollerbloading. Rollerblading = flying.
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Hmmmm I like living near family but if Stars Hollow was a real place I'd move there in a heartbeat. I like the idea of living in a small town and being friends with all my neighbours. I'm not a huge fan of big cities, so I'd rather be somewhere quieter and near a lot of nature.
2. Do you have any songs that always cheers you up?
Anything upbeat by No Doubt or any 'oldies' (Buddy Holly, Bobby Darin, The Everly Brothers).
3. If you had to lose one of your senses, which one would you choose?Probably smell. It'd allow me to not smell anything bad either.
4. Have you got any piercings?
Just my ears.
5. Do you know all the moves to the Steps cover of Tragedy?
No.... I know of Steps but I don't think they were ever that big in Canada.
6. What is your favourite cake?
White cake with white frosting.
7. Do you have a go-to joke if people ask you to tell one?
No. I'm not good at telling jokes. I have a good sense of humour but I'm not one to tell a joke.
8. Have you ever been in the media (TV, radio, newspapers etc.)?
Not since middle school when I was in the school play and the local paper did interviews with the cast.
9. What's your proudest achievement to date?
There's a lot, but probably beating cancer. It was a crazy year and a ton of doctor's appointments but I came through stronger than ever. It definitely gave me a reality check and even 7 years later I still count my blessings and make sure I take nothing for granted.
10. If you had to change your name to something else, what would you choose?I have the most popular girl's name for the year I was born: Jennifer. There are so many names that I love but I wouldn't change my name. It's who I am. I'll just save all the names I like for when I have children.
11. If you could switch places with someone for a day, who would you choose and why?Probably a celebrity. I'd love to go shopping and eat at awesome restaurants and have people escorting me everywhere. I wouldn't want it forever but for a day it would be fun.
I will narrow down my list and nominate 11 blogs soon. For now, I encourage everyone to answer these questions on your own blog or even privately. It definitely makes you sit back and look at yourself and your life. It was fun and a great time to reflect.